Satellite Sports Clubs
What are satellite sports clubs?
The satellite programme is funded by Sport England, bridging the gap between after school and community sports and also utilising the skills and experience within sports clubs.
The programme is designed to provide exciting new sporting opportunities for people aged 14-25 years.
What are the benefits?
- Increase club membership
- Increase access to local facilities
- Potential to recruit new volunteers, leaders and coaches
- Higher profile in your community - great for attracting partners & funding
Increase your clubs talent pool
For host sites...
- Create new links with community clubs and increase access to a range of new partners
- Raise your profile in the community
- Maximise the use of facilities
- Create new avenues for young leaders to develop
- Offer new sports or opportunities to students and the local community
If you are interested in knowing more about satellite sports clubs, how your club / school can benefit and also help Cornwall deliver the required outcomes, please email Amelya Lyndsay - Satellite Club Co-ordinator: firstname.lastname@example.org