Here you will find a list of other courses & workshops we have available that are non sport specific.
Take a look at the options on the right hand side and click to see further information on their courses & workshops.
Autism Spectrum Condition (ASC) Awareness Training within Sport, Leisure and Physical Activity Course
£10 per person
Tuesday 6th February 2018
New County Hall, Treyew Road, Truro TR1 3AY
The Autism Spectrum team at Cornwall Council have teamed up with Cornwall Sports Partnership to offer a short introduction to Autism for sports coaches and those delivering physical activity.
The objectives of the course are:
• To increase the understanding and awareness of how young people with autism think and experience the world.
• Particular strengths and challenges for young people with autism in a sport and physical activity context.
• Knowledge of a range of strategies and techniques that will support the participation of young people with autism.
• Motivation to improve the participation of young people in leisure and sport.
The training is suitable for:
• Those delivering sport and physical activity either as qualified coaches or just as an activator within a community, leisure or educational setting.
• Those willing to grow the reach of their activities to cater for young people with Autism.
• Those wishing to make sure their activity truly caters for all.
• Those with an interest in ASC and wishing to know more.
This workshop has been designed to highlight mental ill health, identify & differentiate between mental health and mental illness and debunk some common misconceptions about mental health. It will highlight a variety of different mental health conditions and identify the key symptoms and treatments, and also discuss ways to support participants in order to ensure that participants gets a positive outcome.