What information do we collect about you?
We collect information about you in the following ways:
• when you register with us via our websites (Cornwall Sports Partnership & Get Active Cornwall)
• when you attend a course / workshop and or an event run by us
• when you use our online booking system
• when you volunteer with us
• when you are a registered coach with us
• when you voluntarily complete customer surveys
• when you provide us with feedback
Website usage information is collected using cookies.
Processing your data
Processing is necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in Cornwall Council.
How is my information used in Cornwall Sports Partnership?
We collect information about you to:
• make contact you regarding the course / workshop and or event you have attended
• register you with the relevant course provider
• contact you regarding future volunteering & coaching opportunities
• contact you regarding the survey you have completed and information you have given
• contact you regarding the feedback you have given
We will also if you agree, email you about other products and services we think may be of interest to you.
Cornwall Sports Partnership will not share your information for marketing purposes with companies outside Cornwall Sports Partnership.
How long will we keep your information?
Cornwall Sports Partnership will keep your details for
• 4 years
Please contact us should you wish to be removed from our mailing list at any time.
You can also unsubscribe from our email newsletters by clicking the link at the bottom of the email (unsubscribe).
We would like to send you information about products and services of ours and other companies which may be of interest to you. If you have consented to receive marketing, you may opt out at a later date.
You have a right at any time to stop us from contacting you for marketing purposes.
If you no longer wish to be contacted for marketing purposes, please contact our Data Protection Officer - details below.
Can I find out what information you have about me?
Yes, you can. The Data Protection Act 1998 allows you or a representative nominated by you, to make a request for all copies of the personal information we have about you.
• If you are a child under 13 years old, the adult with parental responsibilities for you can make a request on your behalf.
• If there is an adult with a power of attorney registered by a Court, they can make a request on your behalf.
Requests for access to information must be made in writing and sent to the Council's Data Protection Officer at the postal or email address below.
Your rights as the data subject:
Your personal information belongs to you and you have the right to:
• be informed of how we will process it
• request a copy of what we hold about you and in commonly used electronic format if you wish (if you provided this to us electronically for automated processing, we will return it in the same way)
• have it amended if it's incorrect or incomplete
• have it deleted (where we do not have a legal requirement to retain it)
• withdraw your consent if you no longer wish us to process
• restrict how we process it
• object to us using it for marketing or research purposes
• object to us using it in relation to a legal task or in the exercise of an official authority
• request that a person reviews an automated decision where it has had an adverse effect on you
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard internet log information and visitor behaviour information. This information is used to track visitor use of the website and to compile statistical reports on website activity.
You can set your browser not to accept cookies and the above websites tell you how to remove cookies from your browser. However in a few cases some of our website features may not function as a result.
• Sarah Mageean
• by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
or write to us at: Cornwall Sports Partnership, Inny Building, Old County Hall Site, Station Road, Truro, Cornwall TR1 3HA
Need more help?
For more information and advice on how the Council uses your personal information, please contact the Data Protection Officer at:
Telephone: 01872 326424
Address: Data Protection
4th Floor North
Cornwall Sports Partnership is part of the Wellbeing and Public Health Service which is part of Cornwall Council. The Council is registered as a Data Controller with the Information Commissioners Office (Registration Number Z1745294) under the Data Protection Act (1998). Further details about how the Council processes personal data can be found within the Council's overarching privacy notice at the following link: http://www.cornwall.gov.uk/council-and-democracy/data-protection-and-freedom-of-information/data-protection-act-1998/how-we-use-your-information/.
Additional information can also be found in our registration on the Information Commissioners website at: https://ico.org.uk/ESDWebPages/Entry/Z1745294
The Councils' NHS Information Governance Toolkit status can be accessed at: https://www.igt.hscic.gov.uk/AssessmentReportCriteria.aspx?tk=427366235621934&lnv=3&cb=95936a6e-3cec-4602-a9e4-e71295389801&sViewOrgId=48256&sDesc=902