Swim England - South West Club Development Officer
Swim England South West region is seeking a Club Development Officer to cover the southwest of England on a fixed term contract until March 2021.
The role is homebased or based from our Wellington office and involves regular travel across the South West of England. This is an exciting opportunity working within Club Development Team in the Sports Development Directorate.
Swim England is the national governing body for swimming in England. We help people learn how to swim, enjoy the water, and compete in our sports of swimming, diving, water polo and synchronised swimming.
The successful candidate will work towards increasing the uptake of membership and the wider talent pool, through effective working relationships with clubs regions and counties. The aim of a Club Development Officer is to ensure club governance and practices are as effective as possible, and clubs work towards becoming self-sustaining, for the effective continuation of our sport. The ideal candidate will have the ability to influence clubs to increase and improve their communication, working to develop pathways with other aquatic providers and partner organisations in their area.
The successful candidate must:
- Have the ability to absorb and impart factual information to others
- Have excellent communication skills and the ability to express ideas, objectives and plans clearly and precisely
- Hold previous experience in sport development or a leisure background including an understanding of leisure services and sport development
- Have experience of managing projects
- A proven ability to form, build and sustain relationships with a variety of external partners and other identified stakeholders
- Have the ability to work as a team and as an individual
- Demonstrate excellent time management, and diary planning
- Have a passion for the development of good club structures and a commitment to the growth of our sport through our club network
So if you feel you have the suitable skills and attributes for this position then we would like to hear from you.Click here for further details