StreetGames - Sport Traineeship's
Coachmakers, in partnership with SPARC Sport are pleased to announce an exciting opportunity for 16-25 year old's living in Cornwall to access a 20 week StreetGames sport traineeship. The traineeship programme is aimed at young people aged between 16-25 who are currently not in education or employment and will provide the opportunity for trainee's to gain free qualifications as well as a coaching placement with a local community sports organisation.
Traineeship Pre Requisites:
• Aged between 16-25 and not currently in education or employment
• Must not hold an academic qualification higher than Level 3 (BTEC, NVQ etc)
• Have an interest in sport and community development
What is provided?
• Travel costs and expenses for the trainee
• Place on a 3 day training residential
• A level one multisport qualification
• Kit for the Trainees (Hoodie & T-shirt)
• StreetGames activator workshops
• A coaching placement with a local community sports organisation
• Mentoring support
• A route in to further training, education and employment
• Functional Skills support and training
Where and when?
We are looking to run the traineeship programme on a Monday (10am-3pm) in The Camborne, Pool, Redruth area with a start date of Monday April 11th with an information/team building day taking place at the end of March. However, we can be flexible on location depending on the demographics of the trainee's.
If you think the traineeship is for you, or a young person you know or work with then please don't hesitate to contact Natasha Mills ( Coachmakers) or Jamie Tresidder (SPARC) who would be more than happy to meet with you for an informal discussion about the programme.