England Netball - Development Officer (Avon & Wiltshire)
Netball Development Officer
To strategically plan and work with identified partners to promote, organise and lead agreed activity in the County, which increases participation in netball and contributes towards meeting England Netball's vision, mission and goals.
- Increasing Adult Participation
- To organise, promote, deliver and monitor EN initiatives to increase adult participation, including Back to Netball (B2N), Walking Netball (WN) and Netball Now (NN).
- To develop and sign post B2N, WN and NN participants to relevant exit routes including festivals, leagues and clubs.
- To lead agreed Walking Netball and Netball Now sessions.
- To coach agreed B2N, Further Education (college) and youth camp sessions to meet a strategic.
- To engage with and guide identified Further Education (FE) and Higher Education (HE) institutes to implement EN's offer.
Children and Young People
- To work with local partners to plan and support the delivery of national interventions and programmes including High 5, Premier League For Sport, School Games (Level 3 event) and volunteering/leadership initiatives.
- To identify priority clubs which will include CAPS clubs, offering regular support to help the clubs develop, maintain their accreditation and increase participation and opportunities to netballers.
- To work with schools, clubs and community groups to develop new junior clubs, junior sections and satellite clubs to increase the number of young people participating in netball.
- To organise and coach and/or umpire agreed holiday camps.
Commercial and Marketing
- To promote EN programmes, courses and products.
- To promote EN affiliation packages and increase the number of affiliated members.
- To meet programme income targets, following the EN financial handling guidelines, being responsible for collecting and banking agreed EN local programme income.
Strategic Working With Volunteers and Partners
- To work in partnership with the County Chair, County Netball Association and identified partners to deliver and monitor the County plan.
- To use the Menu of Opportunities audit and County Plan to strategically identify which areas, partners and programmes to prioritise and work with.
- To work and communicate with agreed key partners including the County Sports Partnership, key facility providers such as Leisure Trusts, priority Local Authorities, Further Education Sports Makers and EN approved commercial partners.
- To work with priority facility development projects to identify potential netball usage, access funding and ensure developments meet the needs of the local area.
- To access local funding support and signpost potential clubs, coaches, officials and volunteers to relevant schemes.
- To support the research, promotion and development of products linked to the participant centred approach.
- To respond to enquiries.
- To be a DBS evidence checker and trainer.
- To carry out agreed County or Regional specific projects as appropriate.
- To abide by the Company's Equal Opportunities and Diversity Policy and Safeguarding and Protecting Young People in Netball Policy.
- Act as an ambassador and advocate of England Netball at all times promoting the key organisational messages, always presenting the sport and its people in a positive light.
- To undertake such duties as may be required from time to time as are consistent with the responsibilities of the post and the needs of England Netball.
To read the full job description please visit their website here