Cornwall Sports Partnership - Volunteer Champion
Cornwall Sports Partnership are looking to recruit a 'Volunteer Solutions Champion' to assist with the development of the Duke of Edinburgh Award strand of the new Volunteer Solutions Pathway program.
The Volunteer Solutions program aims to increase the number of volunteers making sport and physical activity happen in Cornwall. To do this we are working closer with those that are providers of the Duke of Edinburgh Award to help their students complete their volunteering hours.
The role of the champion is to work closely with the Volunteer Solutions Coordinator to develop, deliver and drive the program, and to engage local communities, schools and D of E centres to participate.
- We are looking for someone who is passionate about getting students through the Duke of Edinburgh award, is a motivator and a role model in their local area;
- A real doer, the Champion makes things happen and has the potential to give relevant information to volunteers and other partners about the programme;
- The Champion knows their locality really well and is able to identify key areas and target audiences to help develop volunteering opportunities, and increase the number of volunteers to participate in the Duke of Edinburgh Award;
- Has excellent organisation and communication skills;
- Has the ability to market and communicate the programme to the target audiences, using a variety of means;
- With excellent time management skills, the Champion is able to fit the role in around their other commitments;
- The Champion is both focused and adaptable, enabling them to work towards targets, alter plans as and when according to demand, and provide feedback for monitoring & evaluation purposes;
- If and when required, the Champion has the ability to travel independently.
This post is a voluntary role, however incentives for the champion are included within the program. Please see attached work programme at the bottom of the page for more details about the role.
If you are interested in this position and think you would suit the role then please contact:
James Davies - Project Support Officer