Cornwall Sports Partnership - Development Officer, Children & Young People
Primary Location: Cornwall-Truro
Organisation: Cornwall Council
Job Posting: 28-Jun-2019, 14:28:52
Hours per week: 37
Job Type/Contract type: Permanent
Interview Date: 26-Jul-2019
Closing Date: 19-Jul-2019, 23:59:00
Salary Range: ££24,590 - £31,371
About the role & About us
This role will assist Cornwall Sports Partnership (soon to be Active Cornwall) to increase and sustain participation in sport and physical activity through planning, delivering, reviewing, measuring and co-ordinating relevant programmes and services for children and young people aligned to the Time 2 Move Framework.
The role will successfully deliver and grow Sport England commissioned CYP programmes and carry out the required duties of Active Partnerships for School Games, Active Lives and the Primary Sport Premium.
Reporting to the Partnership Manager responsible for Children and Young People the requirements of the role will be to play a key role in the Children and Young People (CYP) portfolio and the implementation and development of the Time 2 Move Framework including awards and self-review as well as taking a lead role in the planning and delivery of Sport England and other CYP programmes and services.
This position will be subject to an enhanced criminal record disclosure check.
This is a public/customer-facing role, where the statutory English language requirement for public sector workers applies
Cornwall Council is committed to safeguarding and is an equal opportunities employer.
The successful candidate will have:
- an understanding of sport and physical activity maters relevant to children and young people in school and community settings and an understanding of the opportunities and challenges of delivering successful programmes to grow and sustain participation for children and young people.
- good relationship management skills, with the ability to influence and negotiate with key partners and guide and advise organisations seeking funding opportunities.
- experience of the development and management of a range of complex partnerships and relationships involving different organisations and public sector agencies.
- proven ability to deliver in a variety and range of environments including event management knowledge and skills.
- a qualification to degree level and a commitment to continuing professional development including the safeguarding and welfare of children and young people.
For further information about the role and details of how to apply please click here